Submit an application for the 2020-21 MTM Cohort!
New: GRE scores NOT required!
Applications due January 6, 2020 at 20:59 PST.
We are preparing to hold a couple of online information sessions about the program in November and December, sharing an overview of the application process, as well as discussion with current students. Please use the “Request Information” button above to be notified of the exact dates and log-in information closer to the date.
You can watch the recording below (previous info sessions are available here)
Applications will accepted starting in September through the UC Berkeley Graduate Division portal.
Decisions on admissions are made by a committee looking to build a cohort with the range of skills needed for the translational medicine process. The committee considers all aspects of the applications packet, including (but not limited to), academics, essays, letters of recommendation, and prior research and work experience. Students from all educational fields are eligible to apply, though all applicants should be aware that the masters curriculum includes required coursework in bioengineering fundamentals.
See detailed application instructions here
- The application consists of the following elements:
- The Graduate Application for Admission and Fellowships (online)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Additional materials (if needed)
- Unofficial Transcripts (submitted online)
- Conversion of GPA (for International Students Only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Official Scores (for international students only)
- Application Fee
Standardized test scores are no longer required to apply to the MTM! If you have already taken the GRE or MCAT, you are welcome to submit your scores, but they are not an essential component of your application.
Applications that are incomplete by the time of review will not be competitive for admission. Making sure an application is complete is solely the responsibility of the applicant and should be done in a timely manner.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions about the application process.